Portable Ultrasonic Transit Time Flow Meter TFM 1100P
- Backlit LCD Display
- Simple –16 key Calibration
- Built-in data-logger
- High accuracy measuring
- Wide measuring range from DN15 to DN6000
- RS-232 serial interface
- Application Areas
- User’s Guide
- How It Works
The TFM1100-P Portable Transit Time Flow Meter works by measuring the “transit time” or “time of flight” for ultrasonic sound pulses transmitted from one transducer to another. The transit time in the direction of flow is faster than the transit time against the flow. By comparing these differences with precision timing circuits, the TFM1100-P is able to accurately calculate the flow rate.
Transducers Installation Methods : TFM1100 -P transducers can be mounted on vercal or horizontal pipes. The pipe must be full. Choice of V, Z or W mounting method depends on the application and pipe diameter. V-Mount is the most common method while Z-Mount is used for larger pipes or weak signal applications and W-Mount for smaller pipes.
Ultrasonic transducers mount on the outside of plastic or metal pipes to measure flow rate of clean, non-aerated fluids like water, chemicals, and oils. The clamp on transducers can be mounted without shutting down flow. There is no pressure drop and no obstruction. Transducer separation distance is calculated by the flowmeter according to pipe diameter and wall thickness.
- Water treatment
- Slurry and process water pumping
- Flow balancing
- Anti-fire stations
- Water District
- Oil and chemical industries
- Extraction industries
- Food, paper and pharmaceutical industries
- Car industries
- Operating : For clean liquids in a full pipes with Less than 1 % solids or gas bubbles, particles
- Configuration : with built-in keypad
- Display : 4x16 English letters, backlit
- Accuracy : ±1% of reading value, Linearity ±0.5 % , Repeatability: ± 0.2%
- Power Supply : 3 AAA built-in Ni-H batteries. When fully recharged it will last over 12 hours of operation. 100V-240VAC for the charger
- Com. Interface : RS-232, baud-rate: from 75 to 57600. Protocol made by the manufacturer and compatible with that of the FUJI ultrasonic flow meter. User protocols can be made by user requirements
- Engineering Units : Meter, Feet, M3, feet3, USA Galon, Imperial Galon, USA, Million galon
- Operating temp. : -20...40°C
- Protection : IP 20
- Protection : IP68
- Pipe Meterials : Any metal or plastic sonic conducting material including carbon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron, cast iron, PVC, PVDF, fiberglass, copper, brass, aluminum and pipes with bonded liners including epoxy, rubber and Teflon
- Transducer and Operating Ranges : TS-1 DN15-100mm (-30…+90°C), TM-1 DN50-1000mm (-30…+90°C), TL-1 DN300-6000mm (-30…+90°C), HTS-1 DN15-100mm (-30…+160°C), HTM-1 DN50-600mm (-30…+160°C)
- Transducer Moun. Kit : Includes set of stretcher, coupling compound and tape ruler
- Cable Lenght : Standard 5m x 2, Optional 10m x 2
TFM1100P User Guide
Transit Time Flow
Transit Time flowmeters measure the time it takes for an ultrasonic signal transmitted from one transducer to cross a pipe and be received by a second transducer. Upstream and downstream time measurements are compared. With no flow, the transit time would be equal in both directions. With flow, sound will travel faster in the direction of flow and slower against the flow.
Very accurate timing circuits are required but 1% accuracy is quite typical when the transducers can be mounted on a pipe section with evenly distributed flow.
Because the ultrasonic signal must cross the pipe to a receiving transducer, the fluid must not contain a significant concentration of bubbles or solids (less than 2%). Otherwise the high frequency sound will be attenuated and too weak to traverse the pipe. Applications include potable water, cooling water, water/glycol solutions, hydraulic oil, fuel oils and chemicals.
Transit Time transducers typically operate in the 1000-2000 MHz frequencies. Higher frequency designs are normally used in smaller pipes and lower frequencies for large pipes up to several meters in diameter.