Thermal Mass Flow Meter 9000MP
Outputs: 4 – 20mA, 0 – 5VDC
Signal Interface: RS232 & RS485 Modbus RTU
Accuracy: +/- 1%
Gas Temperature Range: -40…+200C
Power: 24VDC 250mA
Display: 2 lines, 16 characters
Wetted Materials: 316 Stainless Steel (Hastelloy optional)
Traceable Calibration Certificate: NIST Standard
- Application Areas
- Reviews (0)
There are three types of thermal mass flow meters in industry. Industrial thermal mass flow meters, also known as thermal dispersion or immersible mass flow meters comprise a family of instruments for the measurement of the total mass flow rate of a fluid, primarily gases, flowing through closed conduits. A second type is the capillary-tube type of thermal mass flow meter. Many mass flow controllers (MFC) which combine a mass flow meter, electronics and a valve are based on this design. Furthermore, a thermal mass flow meter can be built by measuring temperature differential across a silicon-based MEMS chip.
Both types measure fluid mass flow rate by means of the heat convected from a heated surface to the flowing fluid. In the case of the thermal dispersion, or immersible, type of flow meter, the heat is transferred to the boundary layer of the fluid flowing over the heated surface. In the case of the capillary-tube type, the heat is transferred to the bulk of the fluid flowing through a small heated capillary tube. The principles of operation of the two types are both thermal in nature, but are so substantially different that two separate standards are required. Additionally, their applications are much different. Thermal dispersion flow meters are commonly used for general industrial gas flow applications in pipes and ducts, whereas capillary types are primarily used for smaller flows of clean gases or liquids in tubes. This type is most widely used for thermal mass flow meters in industry. Nevertheless, the capillary type is not the subject of this discussion.
Be the first to review “Thermal Mass Flow Meter 9000MP”
- Linear signal output: 0–5 VDC & 4–20 mA
- Signal Interface: RS232 & RS485 Modbus RTU Sensor
- Accuracy, including linearity (Ref.: 21°C): ±[1% of Reading + (.5% + .02%/°C of Full Scale)]
- Sensor Repeatability: ±0.2% of Full Scale
- Sensor response time: 1 second
- Turn down ratio: 100:1 @ 1500 SFPM minimum
- Electronics temperature range: 0°–50°C (32°–122°F)
- Gas temperature range: -40°–200°C (-40°–392°F), consult factory for extended ranges
- Gas pressure effect: Negligible over ± 20% of absolute calibration pressure
- Pressure rating maximum: 500 PSI Std., > 500 PSI special
- 9600MP input power requirement: 24VDC @ 250mA 115 VAC 50/60 Hz optional 230 VAC 50/60 Hz optional
- 9600MP Control Panel power requirements: 5 watts maximum
- 9600MP Control Panel enclosure: NEMA 4X fiberglass, 10" x 12" x 6"
- 9000MP Probe Assembly enclosure: NEMA 4X fiberglass, 8" x 10" x 4" flanged
- Wetted materials: 316 Stainless Steel
- Standard temperature & pressure (STP): 70°F & 29.92" Hg (Air .075 lb./cubic foot)
- NIST traceable calibration: Standard
There are no reviews yet.