Transit Time Ultrasonic Flow Meter TTFM 6.1
- Three easy-to-select transducer options covering 15 mm to 1,200 mm nominal pipe diameters.
- Transducers work on all common pipe materials.
- Standard mounting hardware makes novice installers look like experts.
- Transducers don’t contact the pipe. There’s no wear and tear, and no shutdown to install.
- Easy-to-contact and knowledgeable staff is here to help you before, during, and after installation.
- Analog, pulse, and serial communication options to meet your specific application needs.
- Standard 26 million point data logger and free Logging Software make data management and reporting fast and easy.
- All transducers are approved for use in hazardous locations.
- Reviews (0)
- User’s Guide
- Accurately measure the flow rate of relatively clean, non-aerated liquids like potable water, raw water, cooling water, de-ionized or reverse-osmosis water, oils and chemicals in full pipes. Ultrasonic transducers mount on the outside of a pipe without shutting down flow. Flow rate is displayed on the large, backlit display, along with total volume, signal strength, relay status, and other diagnostic values. Use the built-in control relays as flow alarms or volume totalization. Connect the isolated 4-20mA output to PLC’s or controllers. A 128MB data logger is standard, capable of capturing up to 26 million data points. Optional MODBUS RTU via RS-485 available for connection to automation systems.The TTFM 6.1 works on a wide range of pipe sizes and materials including carbon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron, concrete lined ductile iron, cast iron, PVC, PVDF, fiberglass, copper, brass, aluminum and pipes with bonded liners including epoxy, rubber and Teflon.The TTFM 6.1 Transit Time Flow Meter operates by measuring the “transit time” or “time of flight” for ultrasonic sound pulses transmitted from one transducer to another. Depending on the mounting configuration, the signal may cross the pipe once, twice or four times. To measure flow the transit time is compared between ultrasonic signals travelling upstream and downstream.TTFM 6.1 Standard Features Include:
- One pair of SE16B ultrasonic transducers – clamp-on for 2” to 48” (50 mm to 1200 mm) pipes
- Optional: one pair of SE16A ultrasonic transducers – clamp-on 0.5″ to 4″ (13 mm to 100 mm) pipes
- Sensor cables – pair 25 ft / 7.6 m triaxial with BNC connectors
- Flow rate range: ± 0.07 to 40 ft/sec (± 0.02 to 12 m/sec)
- Installation – stainless steel transducer mounting brackets and clamps, alignment bar and silicone coupling compound kit
- Enclosure – watertight, NEMA4X (IP66) polyester and polycarbonate
- Display – white, backlit matrix
- Totalizer – 14 digits
- Programming – built-in 5-button keypad
- Output – isolated 4-20mA (1000 ohm)
- 2 Control relays – 5 amp, SPDT – programmable for flow proportional pulse output, and/or flow alarm
- Power input – 100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 10VA maximum (Optional: 9-36VDC, 10 Watts maximum)
- Data Logger – 128MB storage capacity, 26 million data points, formattable as .csv or .lg2 for Greyline Logger Software
- Electrical surge protection and RFI filters – AC, sensor, 4-20mA
- Plug-and-play options including MODBUS RTU output and extra control relays
Be the first to review “Transit Time Ultrasonic Flow Meter TTFM 6.1”
|Operating Parameters||For clean liquids in full pipes with less than 2% solids or gas bubbles|
|Programming||Built-in, 5-button keypad with English, French, and Spanish menu language selection|
|Electronics Enclosure||NEMA4X (IP 66) polycarbonate with clear, shatterproof cover|
|Flow Velocity Range||±0.021 m/s to 12.2 m/s (±0.07 ft/s to 40 ft/s)|
|Accuracy||±1% of reading from 0.46 m/s to 12.2 m/s (1.5 ft/s to 40 ft/s); ±0.0046 m/s (±0.0015 ft/s) for velocities below 0.46 m/s (1.5 ft/s)
Repeatability & Linearity: ±0.25%
|Display||White, backlit matrix - displays 5-digit flow rate with floating decimal, 14-digit totalizer, relay status, operating mode, and calibration menu|
|Power Input||100-240 V AC 50/60 Hz, 10 VA maximum
Optional: 9-32 V DC, 10 W maximum
|Analog Output||Isolated 4-20mA, 0-5 V, 1 kΩ load maximum|
|Control Relays||2 Relays, form 'C' dry contacts rated 5 A SPDT; programmable flow alarm and/or flow proportional pulse
Optional: 4 additional (6 total), rated 5 A SPDT
|Data Logger||Built-in 128 MB data logger with a USB output and Windows software. Capacity for approximately 26 million data points|
|Operating Temperature (Electronics)||-20 °C to 60 °C (-5 °F to 140 °F)|
|Approximate Shipping Weight||5.5 kg (12 lbs)|
|Pipe Diameter (Recommended)||SE16A: 15 mm to 40 mm (0.5 in to 1.5 in)
SE16B: 50 mm to 250 mm (2 in to 10 in)
SE16C: 300 mm to 1,200 mm (12 in to 48 in)
|Pipe Diameter (Suitable For)||SE16A: 15 mm to 150 mm (0.5 in to 6 in)
SE16B: 50 mm to 1,200 mm (2 in to 48 in)
SE16C: 100 mm to 1,200 mm (4 in to 48 in)
|Pipe Materials||Any metal or plastic sonic conducting material including carbon steel, stainless steel, ductile iron, concrete-lined ductile iron, cast iron, PVC, HDPE, PVDF, fiberglass, copper, brass, aluminum, and pipes with bonded liners including epoxy, rubber, and Teflon|
|Operating Frequency||SE16A: 2.56 MHz
SE16B: 1.28 MHz
SE16C: 640 kHz
|Operating Temperature||-40 °C to 150 °C (-40 °F to 300 °F)|
|Transducer Mounting Kit||SE16A: Includes stainless steel track with pipe clamps, built-in ruler, and coupling tape
SE16B: Includes a set of stainless steel transducer brackets, clamps, alignment bar, and coupling tape
SE16C: Includes set of stainless steel transducer brackets, clamps, alignment bar with a built-in ruler, and coupling tape
|Transducer Cables||Triaxial, 7.6 m (25 ft) with BNC connectors and seal jackets; extendable up to 152.4 m (500 ft)|
|Hazardous Locations||Non-incendive for Class I, Div 2, Groups A, B, C, D
Optional: Intrinsically safe for Class I, Div 1, Groups C, D; Class II, Groups E, F, G; Class III; Encl. Type 4
- CSA/EN/UL 61010-1
- Non-incendive for Class I Div 2, Groups A, B, C, D
- Optional: Intrinsically safe for Class I Div 1, Groups C, D
There are no reviews yet.